At JOALI Maldives our paramount priority is the wellbeing of our guests and our island hosts. With ongoing uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 we would like to reassure everyone that this remains the case and the following measures have been put in place:
• The resort continues to follow guidelines from the World Health Organization and local Maldivian health authorities
• Additional hand washing and sanitizer stations placed around the island for both guests and hosts
• Continual temperature screening of hosts to ensure they are healthy
• Vigilant and enhanced deep-cleaning of both public and back-of house areas
• Limited movement of hosts both on & off the island to reduce any potential additional exposure
• We continue to have a doctor on island to coordinate care of any guest or host suffering from sickness
Although we continue to welcome guests during this challenging period, we understand and appreciate that the current exceptional circumstances dictate that it may be necessary for some guests to postpone or cancel their travel.
• Guests booked to travel on or before 15 April may postpone their travel dates to any period until 31 May 2021 without charge. No additional charge will apply if the guests amend dates to a more expensive travel period.
• The only period excluded for revised travel dates are 22 December 2020 – 9 January 2021.
• We will allow cancellation of bookings without charge up until 7 days before arrival. This is applicable for any new or existing bookings with travel dates up until 15 April 2020.
The situation will continue to be monitored. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you wish to make any changes or if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Lindsey Wallace