Joy of Living at Home - Gnocchi Recipe
Discover and indulge yourself in the JOALI Joy of Living at Home.
Cooking can be a very interesting and insightful way of learning new things and staying active. So start your journey with a recipe designed to boost your midday energy - JOALI Gnocchi
1 kg - Purple Potato
1 pc - Whole Egg
5 gr - Salt
125 gr - Flour
50 gr - Flour for working on the table
Parmesan Truffle Sauce Recipe
400 ml - Fresh Cream
100 ml - Milk
200 gr - Parmesan Cheese
30 gr - Truffle Oil Salt
*black peppers to your taste
50 gr - Leeks
1 gr - Corn Flour
1 gr - Parsley
Method of Gnocchi Dough
1. Fill ¾ of a deep pot of cold water, place the purple potato and start the boiling. Let it cook until soft, check with the knife if it is done.
2. Once the potato is cooked, remove it from the water and let it cool down.
3. Remove the skin
4. Mash the potato, place the mix into a clean and dry bowl.
5. Combine rest of the ingredients to make soft dough. Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
6. If the dough is loose adding little flour to bring the tight consistency.
7. Cover the dough with cling film and keep rest in the chiller for 30 min
In this waiting time you can start to do the Parmesan Truffle cream.
How to make Gnocchi
1. Take a small piece of dough and start to rolls from the middle to create 1in cylindrical shape.
2. Cut the dough into 1inch long. It should have I inch square size.
For the garnish
Cut the leeks in julienne (from the long part) add the corn flour and fried the leeks in hot sunflowers oil at the temperature of 180C. Fry till it become crispy.
Parmesan Truffle sauce
1. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan except cheese.
2. Cook it a low hit
3. After will start to boil add cheese and remove it from the fire and blende the sauce.
4. Blanch the 100g of Gnocchi in salted boiling water. (1litre -need 50g salt)
5. Heat the sauce and place in a deep serving bowl, on top put the boiled gnocchi.
6. Garnish it with Crispy leeks, parsley and truffle oil.
This recipe is enough for 10 portions, every single portion will be 100 g each.